Stages in mom-life tend to change with the seasons. As kids grow, especially when they are young, their interests and needs change SO quickly. Because of this mom’s have to switch gears and adapt almost instantaneously when their child(ren) move into the next phase.
Currently, Calvin is 13 months old and Madeline is almost 3. It seems like in the last few months they have both dramatically gone through a leap mentally and physically. They are interested in new things, are more active and more independent. Because of the age gap, their needs are seemingly on opposite planets right now. 🙂
Therefore, I thought I’d round up my top 10 items I’m loving for mom’ing right now.
- Diaper Bag. I am always drawn to the backpack style because it is kind of trendy and is not as hard on my shoulders. Alice Unique sent me this one to try out and I have to say I am a huge fan. I LOVE the cognac color and it has the ability to wear it multiple ways (backpack, crossbody, over the shoulder). It has plenty of storage and I might even still use this after the kids grow up because it doesn’t look like a diaper bag! Alice Unique also gave me a discount code to share with all of you! Use KH152018 for 15% off your own diaper bag. That makes it only $35! Plus, all the reviews are awesome so I’m not alone.
- Zella Leggings. These are the BEST leggings I’ve ever owned. They’re comparable to lulu’s but for a fraction of the price. The high waist fit makes them the perfect item to throw up for a day with the kids, running errands or working out. I just snagged a new pair in red
- Skip Hop Zoo Insulated Backpacks. We have one of these for each child and they are incredible! The kids love characters and it makes the trips to and from daycare, restaurants or a friends house that much easier. We allow Madeline to fill hers up with whatever she wants before we head out and it helps her feel included int he decision making (toddler mind tricks)!
- Native Shoes. Great summer shoes that are easy to get on and off. We have them in a few different colors for each child and they do the trick. They are super lightweight so it’s great for Calvin as he’s just started walking.
- Pizza Cutter. Yes, you read that correctly. The pizza cutter has been a LIFESAVER in cutting up Calvin’s food as fast as possible. The kid loves to eat and gets super impatient and this just speeds up the time for the food to get in his mouth.
- Little Giraffe Blankey. These are mini sized versions of a full baby blanket and they’ve been magical for both kids (who are very different kids I must add). They are SO incredibly soft an are perfect for the car and for Calvin to sleep with in his bed. Madeline still uses hers as well for comfort. Something about them helps them instantly relax. I want one for myself!
- Alphabet Fridge Toy. Both kids love this – it does cause fights sometimes because they both want to play with it but at least they like it! Great to have while making meals and things in the kitchen.
- Kids Table & Chairs. I’ve had quite a few questions come in on our table/chairs for the kids and we couldn’t be happier with it! The middle area is a perfect spot to store toys or crayons and both kids now know how to open it and grab what they like. It’s lightweight and easy to move into other rooms and it’s so adorable when they sit at it together!
- Swell Water Bottle. GOTTA STAY HYDRATED! I’ve been loving this one and it helps me get as many glasses as I can throughout the day because it keeps it cold! I’m not someone that drinking water comes naturally to so I really need the reminder.
- Bye Bye Undereye Concealer. This stuff is magical! It makes a 4 hour night of sleep seem like 8 hours (to the outside world). I’ve been using this religiously for over a year now and I can’t get enough. It’s that amazing – get it! I wear the Medium shade.
As you can see this is all just a mix of the tools that work for YOU and your kids. It’s hit or miss but I try to stick to the items that will make it through the long haul and the varying stages that we all experience in motherhood. We have SO MANY UGLY TOYS and they hardly ever play with them for longer than a week. What are a few of your items that help you survive motherhood!?